A Healthy Mouth is a Happy Mouth
Your smile says a lot about you. A healthy white smile not only shows you take great care of your teeth, it lets others around you know you’re confident, friendly and self-assured. Likewise, having bad or crooked teeth usually makes us feel self-conscious and uncomfortable, and is often a sign of a more serious issue such as tooth decay, gum disease or even oral cancer. That’s why regular checkups and a proper oral health regimen will go a long way in improving your overall quality of life.
Get Professional Help
Our dentists at the Northland Village Dental Centre in Calgary make improving your smile their priority. Whether you’re looking to straighten or whiten your teeth, install dental implants or simply improve your brushing technique, we’ll provide you with the right tools and support to help fix, maintain and protect your overall dental health.
It’s important to work with your dentist when it comes to taking care of your teeth. Here are a few useful tips to keep your smile looking great and your dentist visits running smoothly.
- Brush your teeth. This goes without saying. Brushing your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day will go a long way in keeping them healthy. It’s also very important to use the right toothbrush and paste as well as the correct technique when brushing.
- Floss daily. This is a crucial step that most people tend to overlook. Flossing helps you clean those hard to reach areas that your toothbrush can’t get. Getting rid of the pieces of food and plaque lodged between your teeth will help prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
- Be mindful of what you eat. It’s best to avoid foods that have high levels of added and natural sugar in them since they’re key contributors in tooth decay.
- Don’t smoke. Tobacco can cause significant damage to your teeth and mouth. Smoking stains your teeth, causes bad breath and increases your chances of gum disease and oral cancer.
- Visit your dentist. By providing you with regular checkups and cleanings, your dentist will be able to help you maintain a healthy dental routine as well as detect and prevent future problems.
Your Trusted Calgary Dentists
The Northland Village Dental Centre has been providing Calgary with quality dental services such as preventive, cosmetic and emergency care for over ten years now. By staying atop of current techniques and technology, our diverse and friendly staff of dentists will help you with all of your dentistry needs.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment or to get more information about our services. We accept new patients of all ages.